Memorial Day: 5 Ways To Celebrate In The Bronx
May 28, 2021
Memorial Day is the official kicks-off to summer, and with New York City opening up, the Bronx is ready to get out and enjoy this long weekend. So whether it is Arts & Culture or doing some shopping at the Bronx Night Market, the Bronx has something for everyone this holiday weekend.
Friday, May 28th at 3:00 PM
- Dancing in the Streets at Poe Park in partnership with the Mark Morris Dance Center.An all-ages street dance class with a range of teaching artists who perform and teach flexing, litefeet, hip hop, and other street and club dance forms.
Saturday, May 29th, at 10:00 AM
- Wave Hill Presents, Family Art Project: Garden Fountains! Swell, wave, ebb, flow, spurt, splash—in what ways have you witnessed water move? Explore the movement of water and the many shapes it takes through creating your own personal garden fountains from clay. Sculpt hybrid forms from shapes explored using the movement of your body and your body's own unique narrative.
Sunday, May 30th, at 12:00 PM
- Bronx Night Market Presents, Fordham Flea at Fordham Plaza. Every last Sunday of the month starting on May 30, come and support dozens of incredible local artists, creators, and merchants showcasing their products in the conveniently located Fordham Plaza. Choose from specialty made, small batch apparel, accessories, packaged goods, gifts, jewelry, self-care products, unique arts & crafts items and more. For more information, please visit TheBronxNightMarket.com.
Monday, May 31st at 2:00 PM
- Wave Hill Presents, Memorial Day Garden Highlights Walk! Join a knowledgeable Wave Hill Garden Guide on a tour of favorite garden areas and seasonal highlights on the holiday Monday. Severe weather cancels. Walks do not include the Conservatory at this time. This walk starts at 2PM. Registration required. Space is limited. please go to WaveHill.Org or call (718) 549-3200 x251.
- Brunch at Mott Haven Bar! The local watering hole has an exciting Brunch lined-up for Memorial Day from 11:00 AM-6:00 PM on Monday, May 31st. Visit Motthavenbar.com or opentable.com for reservations