March 26, 2020
The following are a list of updates from the NYS Website with regards to COVID-19 and health and safety measures.
- New York State on PAUSE: 100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services.
- All non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are temporarily banned.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- New York City will pilot closing streets to vehicles and opening them to pedestrians as part of the city's plan to address the lack of adherence to social distancing protocols.
- 40,000 healthcare workers, including retirees and students, have signed up to volunteer to work as part of the state's surge healthcare force during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices are temporarily closed for in-office visits. Online transactions, including for license renewals, are still be available. License and permit expirations will be extended.
- All non-essential businesses statewide must close in-office personnel functions until further notice as part of New York State on PAUSE. Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
Stay tuned to BronxNet for our continuing coverage and information on and about COVID-19 and its effect on our communities.