Open 2.0 Internship -high school (Fall 2021)
BronxNet is looking to hire 8 Virtual High School Interns for the fall 2021 semester in the Creative Services Department.
BronxNet is the public service multimedia network of the people of the Bronx. BronxNet TV broadcasts news, health awareness updates, voter literacy programs including debates and forums, educational content, and more across a range of programs without interruption. BronxNet programs broadcast on channels 67-70, 951 and 952 on the Optimum cable system and 2133-2138 on Verizon FiOS and are live streamed via BronxNet.tv.
BronxNet is dedicated to providing hands-on media training within its Creative Services Department to both high school and college interns. Open 2.0 is aimed at cultivating an awareness of the kinds of career opportunities associated with media and television production among high school students. Similar to the remote producer internship for college students, high school students will produce and host their segments for Open 2.0--the BronxNet high school show.
As an Open 2.0 Intern:
● You will meet with Estefania Chavez on Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30 PM-5:30 PM via zoom.
● You will learn about all the aspects involving TV media, including producing, reporting, videography, etc.
● You will host segments that you produced; this will be aired on our Open 2.0 channel.
● You will be on camera, doing remote interviews.
● Passion for the TV and/or film industries.
● Accountable and punctual individual committed to this internship.
● Comfortable being in front of the camera.
● Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
● Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to succeed.
● A high school student interested in media and production.
This role is an unpaid high school internship. The internship will commence on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 and run through Thursday, December 14, 2021 and the intern will be expected to work 10 hours per week. The exact schedule and hours will be determined with the finalist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will operate in a fully remote capacity. In order to be eligible, you must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working in a location within the U.S. Eastern Time Zone. To apply, please submit your resume to Intern Coordinator Shanell Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have read the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships. Accepted applicants must sign off on a BronxNet document stating that they have also read and understand the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships.