BronxNet is the public service multimedia network of the people of the Bronx. BronxNet TV broadcasts news, health awareness updates, voter literacy programs including debates and forums, educational content, and more across a range of programs without interruption. BronxNet programs broadcast on channels 67-70, 951 and 952 on the Optimum cable system and 2133-2138 on Verizon FiOS and are live streamed via BronxNet.tv.
The BronxNet TV’s digital department is looking for a social media intern to join our growing team within the Social Media Department. The Social Media Intern will be responsible for the coordination and execution of BronxNet TV’s social media strategy, working across multiple channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
This role offers the intern total immersion into the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns for a non-profit television organization working closely with the web, creative, administrative and production teams to build a strong centralized digital hub providing our audiences with news, entertainment and information relating to the Bronx.
As a Social Media Intern, you will:
● Work with the social media team to create and implement social media marketing campaigns ● Develop content calendars on a weekly basis for our slate of TV shows produced both in house and by our Access Producers.
● Write engaging social media content and post using Hootsuite
● Produce short, engaging videos for social media Track and report on monthly digital analytics ● Research and develop online partnerships with Bronx organizations and artists
● Provide support at live and online events SKILLS
● Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
● Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to succeed.
● Possess strong knowledge, or deep willingness to learn, the social media landscape as a marketing and fan engagement vehicle
● In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
● Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Facebook
Insights and Hootsuite Analytics (not mandatory, will train)
● College student majoring in Media, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related major.
This role is an unpaid internship for college credit. The internship will commence on the week of September 13, 2021 and run through December 10, 2021 and the intern will be expected to work 10 hours per week. The exact schedule and hours will be determined with the finalist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will operate in a fully remote capacity. In order to be eligible, you must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working in a location within the U.S. Eastern Time Zone. To apply, please submit your resume to Intern Coordinator Shanell Reyes at email@example.com.
We have read the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships. Accepted applicants must sign off on a BronxNet document stating that they have also read and understand the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships.