BronxNet is the public service multimedia network of the people of the Bronx. BronxNet TV broadcasts news, health awareness updates, voter literacy programs including debates and forums, educational content, and more across a range of programs without interruption. BronxNet programs broadcast on channels 67-70, 951 and 952 on the Optimum cable system and 2133-2138 on Verizon FiOS and are live streamed via BronxNet.tv.
BronxNet is looking to hire 1 Virtual Fall 2021 Intern for the Content Acquisitions arm of our Programming Department.
The Content Acquisitions team at BronxNet identifies compelling films, specials and shows, reaches out to the award-winning creators behind the magic, and helps broadcast their work to millions all over the world, thus amplifying their powerful, independent voices.
As a Content Acquisitions Intern, you will:
● Shadow our Content Acquisitions Coordinator via video conferencing and assist in all functions of the acquisition process, learning how the content is sourced, licensed, prepared for broadcast and promoted. ● Screen content for possible acquisition.
● Develop skills in film critique and content curation.
● Attain insight as to which content is most suitable for our linear and digital platforms. ● Attend weekly virtual programming meetings.
● Participate in bi-weekly virtual check-ins with our Director of Programming.
● Gain exposure to the exciting world of TV and film.
● Passion for the TV and/or film industries.
● Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
● Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to succeed.
● College junior or senior majoring in TV, Film, Media or a related major.
This role is an unpaid internship for college credit. The internship will commence on the week of September 13, 2021 and run through December 10, 2021 and the intern will be expected to work -10 hours per week. The exact schedule and hours will be determined with the finalist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will operate in a fully remote capacity. In order to be eligible, you must be authorized to work in the United States. Eastern Standard Time zone applicants are preferred, however, applicants from all time zones are encouraged to apply. To apply, please submit your resume to Intern Coordinator Shanell Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have read the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships. Accepted applicants must sign off on a BronxNet document stating that they have also read and understand the NYS Department of Labor guidelines for unpaid/for-credit internships.