BronxNet is seeking Part-time Videographers to help us capture the views and
voices in the community of the Bronx!
BronxNet is an independent award-winning not-for-profit producing programming by, for,
and about the people of the Bronx, while training the community to produce programs to
share with their neighbors and the world.
We are looking for experienced videographers to record quality video and audio for
packages, long form pieces, narrative, documentary, studio and remote switched
Essential responsibilities include:
● Shooting video for studio and remote programs, live coverage, news and other
productions and promotions.
● Recording quality video and audio in different field settings including news
gathering, press conferences, media events, conferences, galas, performances
and live events.
● Be accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including cameras, lights,
editors and peripheral gear.
● Meeting critical deadlines under changing conditions, strong time management
● Timely upload and transcode all raw video footage and audio files to BronxNet
● Providing creative and artistic input to assess required camera angles and expert
audio gathering to enhance field and studio productions.
● Contributing to special projects/assignments as needed.
● Providing quality assurance on deliverables.
● Work independently or as part of a team to create video which accurately and
fairly represents BronxNet standards and values.
● Some travel throughout the Bronx.
● Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience operating and
troubleshooting video equipment, including studio and field equipment. The candidate
must be able to edit utilizing current standard non-linear editing equipment and acquire
quality audio using current standard recorders.
The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule (weekends and evenings
The candidate must be able to work under pressure, make deadlines and manage time
efficiently. This person will have a keen attention to detail and take pride in the work
being produced. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. Knowledge of the Bronx a plus.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested.