Media Instructor (Part Time)
BronxNet is seeking Instructors to help us educate, inspire and promote voices in the community of the Bronx!
BronxNet is an independent award-winning not-for-profit producing programming by, for, and about the people of the Bronx, while training the community to produce programs to share with their neighbors and the world.
We are looking for media professionals interested working with us as we develop new and exciting remote and in person classes to educate all levels of learners from children to seniors in BronxNet classrooms, in the field or on location on the use of production equipment, aspects of studio and field production, post-production software and aesthetics of media and performance.
We are currently looking for a Summer Youth Program Instructor for 6 weeks this July and August.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Conducting instructor-led classes following a detailed lesson plan remotely, in the Bronx community or at BronxNet locations.
- Preparing materials for training, creating and/or updating materials as needed
- Using effective classroom and remote training techniques to meet the needs of learners, encouraging individual practice.
- Providing attendance reports of all classes conducted and evaluations of all students
- Some travel throughout the Bronx to deliver trainings, as needed.
- Minimum two years in Media including one or more of the following: TV studio production, field production, documentary production, editing, acting, animation, visual storytelling, podcasting etc.
- Experience teaching for media, production and/or post production and performance
- Depending on assigned classes, working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Ross Crossover Solo 12 switcher, Behringer x32 digital audio mixer, Xpression graphics generator, talk show Skype system, and other standard TV studio production equipment
- SONY NX5 camera, directing techniques
- Basic lighting, and lighting techniques
- Editing software: Final Cut Pro 10, Adobe Premiere Pro
- On camera skills and/or visual storytelling
- Prior experience teaching/instructing/training children, adults, and/or seniors with varying levels of technical skill
- Ability to teach in both traditional classroom and virtual classroom setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Flexible schedule (mornings, evenings, weekends)
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus